PAAR is offering remote and virtual trainings on a variety of topics – some geared towards those in a professional capacity and also some specifically procured for anyone to attend. Current offerings and details for each are listed below, along with applicable links to register:
Current Scheduled Virtual Trainings:
– Understanding Trauma and Sexual Violence • Thursday, July 30th (10am-12pm)
– Developing a Response to Disclosure • Tuesday, August 4th (10am-12pm)
– Trauma-Informed Care • Tuesday, August 11th (10am-11:30am)
– Wellness in the Covid-19 Crisis • Wednesday, August 19th (10am-11:30am)
Details for each training, as well as a link to register are below:
Understanding Trauma and Sexual Violence
This training will explore the dynamics of sexual violence and abuse, including the impact trauma has on our body and brain.
- Define and explore the dynamics of sexual violence and child sexual abuse
- Gain an understanding of Trauma Theory and how the body/brain are impacted
- Understand triggers, flashbacks and other common symptoms
- Learn about PAAR services
Developing a Response to Disclosure
This training will help participants create a trauma-informed response to potential disclosure, including understanding the process of disclosure.
- Identify barriers that prevent survivors from disclosing sexual violence
- Build skills to support a survivor through a disclosure and facilitate a connection to services
- Understand the dynamics of being a mandated reporter during a disclosure
- Open Q+A Time with PAAR staff
Wellness in the COVID-19 Crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic is a global crisis and induces symptoms of trauma for everyone in the community. This workshop will take the trauma-informed skills and techniques we implement with clients, applying them to the global crisis and helping participants think about their own wellness.
- Mindfulness 101
- Grounding and breathing techniques
- Guided visualization to promote sleep
- Demonstration of art-based mindfulness activities
This training will review why the pillars of Trauma-Informed Care are beneficial in promoting healing, going more in-depth with concrete strategies for implementing the pillars as a service provider. What TIC actually means and implementing it with the people you work with.
- Understanding the principles of trauma-informed care
- Strategies for implementing the principles as a service provider
- Understanding Compassion Fatigue and making a plan for wellness and self-care