Therapists positions are designed to provide assessment, short- term, long-term or group counseling services and/or referrals to adult and/or child victims of sexual assault, sex trafficking, and their family or caregivers, as well as maintaining required agency/client documentation and reports.
This position is required to fulfill all of the above mentioned responsibilities at PAAR or at PAAR’s satellite offices. This position may be required to maintain a professional working relationship with the staff of all satellite facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or related field from an accredited university
Required experience: Four plus years’ experience providing assessment, individual and group counseling. Experience working with victims of trauma and sexual assault preferred
Required license or certification: Professional license or license obtained within 12 months of employment.
- Completion of training in evidenced based, trauma specific psychotherapeutic modalities
- Grounded in clinical practice as demonstrated by capacity to articulate theoretical and ethical orientation, practice guidelines, breadth and depth of past work with clients, familiarity and comfort with different treatment modalities
- Completion of state mandated (40) hour victim service training
- Awareness of issues embedded in therapeutic work which involves client/counselor relationship
- Knowledgeable about sexual assault issues; including effects, impacts, and possible interventions
- Provide assessment and individual/group counseling and case management for adult and/or child sexual assault victims, sex trafficking victims, their families and significant others (crisis, short and long-term, group, or alternative modalities)
- Deliver trauma specific psychotherapy in the form of Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) with children and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy with adults as needed.
Additionally, employ other psychotherapeutic modalities models as determined by assessments and client needs including – art therapy, play therapy and family systems therapy.
- Work closely with Case Manager and Advocate on needs of sex trafficking victims
- Implement assessments and outcome evaluations
- Case Management
- Liaise with community providers and systems who are required support services for victims
PAAR is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resumes to Lisa Kadlecik at email@example.com