This on- call position is responsible for providing all emergency medical or legal victim response requests during his/her scheduled shifts. The advocate will accompany a client in the emergency department for the forensic rape exam or to a police station to make a report. The on-call advocate is part of a larger team providing crisis services.
Job Type: Part-time on-call
- Must complete state mandated forty (40) hour victim service training
§ PA Acts 33/34 certifiable and FBI clearance
- Experience in rape crisis preferred
- Must have access to a vehicle during scheduled shifts
- Additional training on PAAR’s Victim Response services
- Good listening skills
- Problem solving and crisis intervention skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Knowledge about sexual assault issues
- Must be reliable and conscientious
- Provide coverage for non-office hours including after 5pm on weekdays and weekends and holidays
- Commitment to working as part of a team with PAAR staff and volunteers
- Must complete and report required agency information in a timely manner
- Must have reliable phone
- Must have access to a car
- Must adhere to professional ethics and agency policy on confidentiality
- Philosophical orientation compatible with PAAR philosophy and mission
This part-time on-call position is paid a flat rate and is not eligible for PAAR paid benefits with the exception of reimbursed mileage, employer’s portion of social security, workmen’s compensation and professional liability insurance.
PAAR is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply e-mail your cover letter and resume to Lisa Kadlecik at email@example.com