Sexual Violence 101 and Trauma-Informed Care for Birth Workers
Audience: Birth workers and health professionals – doulas, midwives, OB/GYNs, labor and delivery, nurse practitioners, and any provider who works with expecting, pregnant, or laboring people.
This training will explore the dynamics and prevalence of sexual violence and abuse, including the impact trauma has on our body and brain. The training also looks at how sexual-based trauma may impact pregnant and birthing individuals – participants will learn how to utilize trauma-informed care in their response and how to avoid unintentionally causing further harm.
- Define and explore the dynamics of sexual violence and child sexual abuse
- Gain an understanding of Trauma Theory and how the body/brain are impacted
- Understand triggers, flashbacks and other common symptoms
- Understand the principles of trauma-informed care and how to implement it
- Learn about PAAR services and connecting with local resources
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER