For more information contact: Julie at email@example.com or call 412-431-5665
CFCC is considered to have a state-of-the-art center to aid our youngest victims.
PA Says NoMore 2016 Ranking
The Child and
Family Counseling Center
breaking the silence. building strength
The Child and Family Counseling Center has provided specialized trauma treatment services to child and adolescent victims of sexual abuse and their families for over 35 years.
Children and adolescents who have been sexually abused may react in various ways. Some become withdrawn, while others are very emotional and may act out. It is important to be patient and always believe in your child.
Needs of children who have been abused:
- Need to know the abuse was not their fault and they did nothing wrong
- Belief and reassurance that they were right to tell
- Inform them of what will happen next with age appropriate information
- An immense amount of support and affection
- Bring them in for a counseling assessment/Call the CFCC to schedule an appointment
You are not alone, and we offer many ways to help:
- Crisis support
- In-person support through the medical exam and legal process
- Trauma counseling
- Transportation assistance
- Emergency aid when needed relating to the trauma of sexual abuse