Pittsburgh Action Against Rape, an equal opportunity employer, has an opening in the following positions:
Counseling – Full-time
To provide assessment, individual psychotherapy, group counseling and psychoeducation group services to child and adult victims of sexual assault and their families/caregivers, as well as, maintaining required agency documentation and reports. Mobile therapy may be included.
- Graduate degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or related field.
- Licensed LCSW, LSW, LPC or license eligible.
- Minimum of three years’ experience providing assessment and counseling to victims of sexual assault
- Experience with diverse, at-risk and marginalized populations
- Must complete mandated 40 hour victim service training
- Philosophical orientation compatible with PAAR’s philosophy and goals
- Must adhere to professional ethics and agency confidentiality policy
- Must have Act 33/34 Clearance
- Must have own car
- Experience working with child, adolescents and adults and families
- Training and experience in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, or Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy preferred
- Grounded in clinical practice as demonstrated by capacity to articulate theoretical and ethical orientation, practice guidelines, breadth and depth of past work with clients, familiarity and comfort with different treatment modalities.
- Acceptance of variety of points of view and styles as demonstrated by capacity to work with colleagues of different theoretical orientations.
Please email cover letter and resume to Michael J. Madonia, Director of Clinical Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject of the e-mail Counseling – Full-time + “your name”.
This part-time position is responsible for providing administrative support to PAAR. It is responsible for assisting with client intake, client data, insurance information, in addition to general data /demographic collection and reporting across the agency. This position performs work of a specialized, confidential nature on matters that impact clients, counselors and contract compliance. Excellent organizational, administrative and communication skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Related Degree or Certificate and (1) year experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Experience with database management
- MS Word and Excel
- Experience with medical files and records a plus.
- Must complete state mandated forty (40) hour victim service training
- Computer competencies in Microsoft Office
- Must be detail-oriented
- Good communication (written and verbal)
- Comfort with and sensitivity to needs/expectations of clients and professionals with varied ethnic, socioeconomic, and philosophical perspectives
- Ability to function as team member of a unit and the agency as a whole
- PA Acts 33/34 & FBI clearance certifiable
- Must have reliable access to transportation
- Must adhere to professional ethics and agency policy on confidentiality
- Philosophical orientation compatible with PAAR’s philosophy and mission
Please email cover letter and resume to David Perini, Director of Operations and Systems at email@example.com. Please make the subject of the e-mail Intake and Administrative Assistant + “your name”.
This position is responsible for the accompaniment of victims, families, and significant others through police, medical and legal proceedings, including colleges and universities, as a victim advocate. This position provides supportive counseling, short-term crisis assistance and information. This position maintains required agency/client documentation and client data for victims through criminal and/or juvenile court. This position will also be required to provide outreach and trainings to individuals in various systems that are in contact with victims and PAAR’s services.
A successful candidate will be flexible, non-judgmental and able to deal with frustrations. This position requires some evenings and weekends. Experience with diverse and marginalized populations a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume to Megan Schroeder, Supervisor of Crisis Services. Please make the subject of the e-mail Advocate Full-time + “Your name”.