May 16, 2017
This full-time position is responsible for the accompaniment of victims, families, and significant others through police, medical and legal proceedings, including colleges and universities.
Advocates provide short-term victim response assistance, information, and supportive counseling services. This position maintains the required agency/client documentation and client data for victims and provides outreach and trainings to individuals in various systems that are in contact with victims and PAAR’s services. Experience with Spanish-speaking clients is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work.
- PA Acts 33/34 certifiable and FBI clearance
- Literate in Microsoft Office, competent in Microsoft Outlook.
- Trauma-informed care and crisis response preferred
- Knowledge of victim services, legal, medical, law enforcement, social welfare systems a plus
- Must complete state mandated forty (40) hour victim service training
- Ability to evaluate and assess the needs of clients and families in crisis
- Good communication (written and verbal) and assessment skills to advocate with medical, legal and human service systems
- Ability to identify and work with appropriate external and internal departments and systems
- Comfort with the sensitivity to needs/expectations of clients and professionals with varied ethnic, socioeconomic and philosophical perspectives
- Flexible, non-judgmental and able to deal with frustrations
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required experience: Trauma-informed care and crisis response preferred. Knowledge of victim services and legal, medical, law enforcement, social welfare systems a plus
Required license or certification: Driver’s License
PAAR is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply e-mail your cover letter and resume to Lisa Kadlecik Executive and Development Manager lisak”@”paar.net