September 17, 2015
Pittsburgh Action Against Rape, an equal opportunity employer, has an opening in the following position:
This full time position is responsible for outreach, on-going development and presentation of PAAR’s comprehensive sexual violence prevention programs and professional trainings throughout Allegheny County.
This includes relationship building within the community; maintaining and initiating new relationships with schools, colleges, community agencies and members. PAAR provides programming to a wide range of audience members that include but not limited to: parents, middle, high school and college students, athletes and coaches. This position will also engage men and boys as allies in the prevention of sexual violence and promotion of safe and healthy relationships.
Bachelor’s degree required
Background and experience in coaching /or athletics a plus
Experience with diverse and marginalized populations a plus
Experience working with males in schools, college and athletic settings
Excellent presentation skills
Act 33/34 and background clearance required
Experience in sales, presentations, trainings, teaching, or community organizing
Must have own car and a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
Evening work required
Please email cover letter and resume to Julie Evans, Director,Crisis and Prevention at email@example.com. Please make the subject of the e-mail Educator + “your name”.
Trauma Therapist Full-time:
To provide assessment, individual psychotherapy, group counseling and psychoeducation group services to child and adult victims of sexual assault and their families/caregivers, as well as, maintaining required agency documentation and reports. Some mobile therapy may be included.
- Licensed Psychologist, Counselor or Social worker in Pennsylvania required.
- Graduate degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or related field with accompanying licensure required LCSW, LSW, LPC
- Minimum of three years’ experience providing assessment and counseling to victims of sexual assault
- Experience with diverse, at-risk and marginalized populations
- Must complete mandated 40 hour victim service training
- Philosophical orientation compatible with PAAR’s philosophy and goals
- Must adhere to professional ethics and agency confidentiality policy
- Must have Act 33/34 Clearance
- Must have own car
- Experience working with child, adolescents and adults and families
- Training and experience in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, or Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy preferred
- Grounded in clinical practice as demonstrated by capacity to articulate theoretical and ethical
- orientation, practice guidelines, breadth and depth of past work with clients, familiarity and comfort with different treatment modalities.
- Acceptance of variety of points of view and styles as demonstrated by capacity to work with colleagues of different theoretical orientations.
Please email cover letter and resume to Michael J. Madonia, Director of Clinical Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject of the
e-mail Trauma Therapist + “your name”.