July 22, 2015
Pittsburgh Action Against Rape, an equal opportunity employer, has an opening in the following position:
Trauma Therapist Full-time:
To provide assessment, individual psychotherapy, group counseling and psychoeducation group services to child and adult victims of sexual assault and their families/caregivers, as well as, maintaining required agency documentation and reports. Some mobile therapy may be included.
- Licensed Psychologist, Counselor or Social worker in Pennsylvania required.
- Graduate degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or related field with accompanying licensure required LCSW, LSW, LPC
- Minimum of three years’ experience providing assessment and counseling to victims of sexual assault
- Experience with diverse, at-risk and marginalized populations
- Must complete mandated 40 hour victim service training
- Philosophical orientation compatible with PAAR’s philosophy and goals
- Must adhere to professional ethics and agency confidentiality policy
- Must have Act 33/34 Clearance
- Must have own car
- Experience working with child, adolescents and adults and families
- Training and experience in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, or Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy preferred
- Grounded in clinical practice as demonstrated by capacity to articulate theoretical and ethical
- orientation, practice guidelines, breadth and depth of past work with clients, familiarity and comfort with different treatment modalities.
- Acceptance of variety of points of view and styles as demonstrated by capacity to work with colleagues of different theoretical orientations.
Please email cover letter and resume to Michael J. Madonia, Director of Clinical Services at email@example.com. Please make the subject of the
e-mail Trauma Therapist + “your name”.